This free and anonymous service is available 24/7, 365 days a year for men who've experienced sexual abuse or assault, and for the people who care about them.
Not a male survivor? Seeking services for yourself? Visit online.rainn.org for support.
Please note that there can sometimes be a long wait to speak with a specialist, especially if you are attempting to sign onto the service late at night or early in the morning, when we receive a high volume of chat requests. Do not close the waiting room window or you may lose your place in line. More details »
1in6 has partnered with RAINN to advance 1in6's mission: to help men who have had unwanted or abusive sexual experiences live healthier and happier lives, and to help their loved ones by providing additional support, information, and resources. As a part of this partnership, RAINN provides for 1in6 a helpline, which is reached through https://1in6.org/men/get-help/online-support-center/.
IF YOU ARE IN DANGER, CONSIDERING SUICIDE, OR NEED EMERGENCY HELP, CALL 911 (IN THE U.S.), OR YOUR LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
Terms of Service
1in6 and RAINN have designed this helpline with your privacy and safety as the top priority. Before logging in to the helpline, please read each of the following policies carefully, understanding that some may apply to you more than others.
Please read our User Safety Procedures here. Your safety is very important, so please read this information now, before you use this service. If you are using a shared computer, or have any concerns about someone monitoring your computer, there are things that you can do on your own computer in order to enhance your privacy and to stay safe. These safety procedures are useful for anyone who uses computers, and some are necessary for anyone to safely use the internet.
- If you think your computer is not safe and private, find a safer computer.
- We have taken numerous measures to keep your communications safe while using our site. However, please note that no Internet transmissions are 100% secure.
- If you would prefer to talk to someone by telephone, call 1.800.656.HOPE (4673)
2. Privacy and Confidentiality
- We do not ask for any information that can be used to identify you.
- Support sessions are not recorded or stored.
- If you indicate an immediate danger of committing suicide, if you are under 13, or otherwise as required by law, we may have to provide the information that you have given us to the appropriate authorities.
- Although we have taken precautions to protect your confidentiality, it is possible that a court of law will not keep private, and may require us to reveal, information that you provide during your helpline session. If you are concerned about this possibility, please use the telephone helpline instead, at 1.800.656.HOPE (4673).
3. User Agreement
Please read our User Agreement here.
When you use the helpline, you agree that RAINN, RAINN's affiliates and 1in6 will not be liable for any damages or injuries resulting from the use, or inability to use, the helpline and its contents.
When you check the boxes below, it means that you understand and agree to the terms of these agreements and policies. If you do not agree, you may not use the helpline.